- Why babywear?
See our article here about the benefits of babywearing.
- Are slings safe?
- What sling should I choose?
Good question! See our article here for help with choosing a sling.
- Up to what weight can I use a baby sling?
All of the slings we carry can be used until at least 35 pounds. The general rule of thumb is that you almost always outgrow the need for a sling before you outgrow the sling itself.
- Up to what age can I use a baby sling?
Most moms find slings useful on a daily basis until their child is at least two years old. You can continue wearing your baby for as long as it is comfortable for both of you.
- Will my baby like being worn?
In my experience, all babies like being worn. However, not all parents are comfortable with wearing their babies and your baby can sense that discomfort and it will affect their feelings about being worn. Follow the tips below to ease your discomfort and practice!
- I already have a front carrier – why would I need a sling?
Front carriers tend to have limited use – they can’t be used for breastfeeding, tend to become uncomfortable after about 20 lbs and have limited positions available.
- Do you have any sling wearing tips?
- Try, try and try again - use your carrier/sling several times a day
- Variety! - try wearing your baby in all kinds of different moods and in different positions
- Move - Once your baby is in the sling/carrier, get moving! Try walking around the block or the house or even just doing household chores
- Practice – read your brochure, watch the video and go for it! Put your baby on over a couch or a bed if you’re feeling unsure or have someone help you, look at the final result in the mirror to help you determine what’s working
- Nurse – known to some as “advanced” babywearing, nursing is an almost surefire way to help your baby love the sling/carrier
- Relax – if you’re nervous, your baby will sense it and may fuss, project confidence!
- Wait – give it a few minutes (and try the tips above) before declaring that the sling/carrier doesn’t work for you! If your baby doesn’t settle this time, try again later
- Call us – we love these slings and carriers and believe we can find the right one for you, we’re happy to troubleshoot over the phone!